SoLIFE - School For Life
This Comenius multilateral school project called "School for Life" – SoLIFE and develops in 2010-2012.
About The Project
from Pucioasa, Dâmboviţa County, Romania –
the coordinating school
Email address: email@example.com
from Kluczbork, Poland
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
from Arouca, Portugal
Email address: email@example.com
from A Coruña, Galicia Region, Spain
Beside experiencing a new approach of learning, the students become partners in education: in mixed teams (pupils-teachers) they will initiate, organize and evaluate public events for their classmates, parents, the local community and they will communicate through e-mail and Skype in English or French with their partners. The cultural particularity of each partner country will be exploited by means of organizing some local and national events by the students, and the common interest for solving some problems of the actual world will be highlighted by organizing some activities such as protecting the environment and health.
The students will be involved in the management of public events (local, national, international) by promoting cultural and linguistic diversity, assuring unity in diversity and becoming active young European citizens. The teachers will develop methods of teaching-learning foreign languages, common tools of evaluation and supervising.
The cross-curricular themes of projects, correlated with public events, will point integrated teaching of English and/or French in lessons and extracurricular activities. Other products necessary for running an event will be made during other subjects such as: Art, IT, Sport, Science, Civic, Music and Mother Tongue.
The products of the project, the mini guides (How to organize a visit in our school?, How to organize an environmental / charity project?, How to organize a European Languages Festival?, How to organize a symposium?, How to organize an event proposed by us?), the final guide (Management of Public Events) and the web site will be used by other people as educational resources. The symposium initiated through the project will contribute to share good practices and experiences at a European level and through organizing other editions.
The objectives of the partnership are:
· To increase the motivation in learning English and French by organizing some public events.
· To develop problem solving abilities by integrating some real life situations in the classroom.
· To develop the students’ initiative, leadership abilities and cooperation by organizing some social events.
· To promote the cultural diversity by means of improving the customs and traditions in the events organized by the students.
· To improve the students’ digital skills.
· To prepare the students for life and longlife learning.
· To promote the students’ cultural awareness and their pride in preserving and showing it to outsiders.
· To develop teaching competences in using active methods in teaching foreign languages (English and French).
· To develop a set of evaluation and supervising tools of the activities.
Results and outcomes
· 1 portfolio with lesson plans;
· 1 portfolio with supervising and evaluation tools;
· 1 final Guide of Organizing Public Events (English and French);
· Management of Public Events Symposium;
· 1 website of the project;
· Students and teachers with knowledge of the linguistic and cultural diversity of the partners;
· Students with communication skills in English and French, cooperation and improved digital skills;
· Students and teachers with managerial skills;
· Improving the students’ behavior and results.
- Team work abilities;
- Abilities of planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating a public event and personal activities, management competences;
- Communication skills in English, French and mother tongue and a high interest in their personal development; digital skills;
- Creative and innovative capacities in the identification of some practical solutions for solving everyday problems;
- Civic, interpersonal competences based on understanding, respect and tolerance for other cultures in the intercultural dialogue and the activities ensuring the quality of life;
- High interest in involving in activities of protecting the environment and the quality of personal life;
- Positive changes in school evolution and behaviour, high level of self-esteem.
- Interactive teaching-learning, supervising and evaluation competences;
- Team work and organizational abilities;
- Management and digital competences ;
- Knowledge about the European educational system;
- An attitude of respect and tolerance attitudes towards other cultures.
- Develop some practices in assuring a good education for the students, by preparing them for social life;
- Promote the image of the school and the power of European cooperation in the local and professional community;
- Use modern methods of teaching by assuring the practical applied character of the acquired knowledge;
- Increase the motivation for learning and school achievements;
- Organize the learning content in English and French and the extracurricular activities on cross-curricular themes of the project adjusted to the interests of the students and the needs of the society.